News from the Board
The links below will take you to important information about the Board. This includes; current news you need to know, and information about how the Board continues to modernize to make filing appeals easier.
- July 2022 Board Accomplishments Fact Sheet (DOCX, 2 pages)
- The Chairman recently spoke at events in Ohio
- Veterans can now file an appeal online with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals
- FCC program offers affordable, low-cost internet access to eligible households
- Information on delayed notifications (PDF, 1 page)
- The Board’s response to COVID-19 (PDF, 1 page)
The Board of Veterans’ Appeals has learned that a limited number of Veterans may have had their Board Appeal forms (VA Form 10182, Decision Review Request: Board Appeal (Notice of Disagreement)) mistakenly rejected for being untimely. Out of an abundance of caution, the Board is sending out a wide notice to help ensure no other Veterans were impacted by this. If you filed a VA Form 10182 with the Board between February 19, 2019, and March 23, 2021, and believe it may have been improperly rejected as untimely, please send a letter to the “Clerk of the Board” at P.O. Box 27063, Washington, DC 20038 or via fax to 1-844-678-8979 no later than March 1, 2022. In your letter, state you are asking the Board to “RECALCULATE TIMELINESS” and be careful to include the Veteran&rrsq;s full name, claim number or SSN, the date of the rating decision you appealed to the Board, and the date of your original VA Form 10182 appeal form that the Board told you was untimely.